Candidate Selection for Interviews
The Admissions Committee conducts a thorough and holistic review of the submitted application materials for every applicant.
The review includes the following benchmarks:
- Overall grade point average (GPA), Science GPA, GPA in last 2 years of full time study
- Score on the Graduate Record Examination
- Matriculation through a program with academic rigor with no less than 50% of the credits required for a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Track record of academic progress and success in a program of study that balanced school, work, and family commitments
- Leadership skills evidenced by participation in student government or holding office in student clubs and organizations that foster development of communication, collaboration and adaptability.
- Well-rounded life that demonstrates a judicious balance of academic achievement, community service, and personal interests
- Knowledge and commitment to the veterinary profession.
- Letters of recommendation from faculty and veterinary professionals.
- Personal Statement
Applicants meeting the criteria for academic potential, professional potential, personal potential, and collaborative potential will be invited to an on-campus interview. As a not-for profit private university LMU-CVM does not differentiate student applicants based on in-state (Tennessee) and out-of-state residency.