All candidates considered for admission to the LMU-CVM class of 2020 will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of no less than 60 semester (88 Quarter Units) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum overall 2.8 GPA, or higher in all pre-professional coursework.
- Students not meeting this criteria, with a GPA of < 2.8, who have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence in the last 2 years of study (most recent 60 semester hours) may be considered on a “case by case” basis.
- LMU-CVM uses your VMCAS calculated GPA. Click here to read more about how VMCAS calculates your GPA.
- Completion of the following prerequisites from a recognized regionally accredited college or university.
- A grade of “C” or above is required for each prerequisite course. Final grades for all prerequisite courses must be verified prior to registration for LMU-CVM courses. A grade of “C-” will not be considered.
- Coursework to satisfy Science prerequisites must have been completed no longer than 10 years prior to application. The Science prerequisites would include: Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Advanced Science Electives, Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry and Physics.
Pre-requisite courses can be “in progress” or “planned” at the time you submit your application, however official transcripts reflecting successful completion of those pre-requisites must be submitted to LMU by the published deadlines.
AP credit policy: AP courses used for pre-requisites must appear on official college transcripts and be equivalent to the appropriate college-level coursework. AP test subject and number of credits must also be specified on the transcript.
LMU-CVM Prerequisite Semester Units Quarter Units Biology 8 12 Lecture & lab Genetics 3 4 Lecture Biochemistry 3 4 Lecture Advanced Science Electives 8 12 Lecture
Course listing 300 or higher
* Choose from Anatomy, Animal Science, Cell Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Physiology, or Virology
Organic Chemistry 6 9 Lecture & lab General Chemistry 8 12 Lecture & lab Physics 3 4 Lecture (Algebra or calculus based acceptable) English 6 9 Probability & Statistics 3 4 Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences 6 9 Potential courses include but are not limited to: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Political Science or Sociology. Also included: Ethics, Critical Thinking, Cultural Diversity, Social Responsibility, One Health, & Human-Animal Bond Electives 6 9 Potential courses include but are not limited to: Business, Communications, Foreign Language, History and Public Speaking. Minimum 60 88
- Veterinary Experience – Applicants must demonstrate experience and knowledge of the veterinary profession.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) – including verbal, quantitative & analytical sub-sections. The GRE must have been taken within 3 years of application.