Thank you for your interest in transferring to the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine. In order to apply for transfer into the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program, you must submit:
A letter of intent to transfer that includes: a) a well-written explanation of the student’s reason(s) for requesting a transfer; b) an indication of the semester and year of the curriculum into which the transfer is requested
- An updated curriculum vitae
- A letter of character and academic reference (including class rank and overall GPA) from the Associate Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires the transfer. This letter must come directly from the Associate Dean to LMU-CVM.
- Up to three letters of reference from former instructors who are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student wishes to transfer. These letters must come directly from the letter writer to the LMU-CVM.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended sent directly to the LMU-CVM
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores (LMU-CVM’s code is 7576)
- The LMU-CVM Supplemental Application
In addition, all LMU-CVM pre-requisite courses must be completed with a C or higher.
Materials can be emailed to genell.patterson@LMUnet.edu or mailed to:
Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Transcripts, letters of recommendation and GRE scores sent by the student will not count as official.
Approval of Transfer Request
The transfer application will be reviewed by the LMU-CVM Admissions Committee. Under most circumstances, the decision will be based upon the following factors:
- The existence of an appropriate vacancy
- The approval of the transfer from the sending school
- The student’s reason(s) for requesting transfer
- The student’s academic performance
- The level of support communicated in the letters of reference
- The satisfaction of all CVM curricular requirements.
Transfer applicants will be notified by LMU if their request to transfer is approved.