Transfer Policies and Procedures
Thank you for your interest in transferring to the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine. Please see below for applicant requirements, admissions process, and policies regarding transfer applicants.
In order to be considered for a transfer to LMU-CVM, applicants must:
- Be actively enrolled in a college of veterinary medicine program at the time of application and transfer
- Have at least a 2.8 overall GPA in veterinary school
- Meet all LMU-CVM pre-requisites
- Completed coursework from current CVM must be similar to LMU-CVM curriculum prior to the time of transfer*
*Prior to starting your transfer application, we highly recommend emailing us to verify that the coursework you have completed is similar enough to the LMU-CVM curriculum to transfer. In your email, please include a list of courses you have completed and/or are currently taking and the semester into which the transfer is requested.
Transfer students are required to take all scheduled courses at LMU starting the first semester they are enrolled. Transfer students are not eligible to opt out of any scheduled courses.
Required Application Materials
The following materials are required to be considered for a transfer:
- A letter of intent to transfer that includes:
- a well-written explanation of the student’s reason(s) for requesting a transfer;
- an indication of the semester and year of the curriculum into which the transfer is requested
- A current curriculum vitae
- A letter of character and academic reference (including class rank and overall GPA) from the Associate Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires the transfer.**
- Three letters of reference from former instructors who are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student wishes to transfer.**
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended**
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores (LMU-CVM’s code is 7576)**
**Transcripts, letters of recommendation and GRE scores sent by the student will not count as official. They must come directly from the source to be considered official.
Materials can mailed to:
Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Student Services and Admission
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Applications for Spring Semester are due by November 1st
Applications for Fall Semester are due by April 1st
Only complete applications will be considered.
Approval of Transfer Request
All completed transfer applications will be reviewed by the LMU-CVM Admissions Committee. Under most circumstances, the decision will be based upon the following factors:
- The existence of an appropriate vacancy
- The approval of the transfer from the sending school
- The student’s reason(s) for requesting transfer
- The student’s academic performance
- The level of support communicated in the letters of reference
- The satisfaction of all CVM curricular requirements
Transfer applicants will be notified by LMU if their request to transfer is approved.
If you have any questions, please email Genell Patterson at genell.patterson@LMUnet.edu